ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From mjparme <>
Subject Adding proprietary jar to shared repository
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:09:41 GMT

I have created a shared repository with ivy:install and that went pretty much
trouble free. I installed some jars we use commonly in our projects (like
httpclient, log4j, etc). However, now I want to add some of our internal jar
files to the repository. There seems to be a gap in the documentation (or I
am simply not seeing it) on how to accomplish this with Ivy.

Do I need to create a <ivy-module> for each internal jar I want to add to
the repository? Or is there some shortcut? If I do to create an <ivy-module>
for each jar how then do I then use that file?

Maven seems to provide a shortcut to accomplish this, I am looking for the
Ivy equivalent to this:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=<path-to-file> -DgroupId=<group-id> \
    -DartifactId=<artifact-id> -Dversion=<version> -Dpackaging=<packaging>

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message