ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVYDE, Eclipse 3.5 & WTP
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:22:55 GMT
Just to confirm you're not crazy.  I and my coworkers often have to
shake and pummel Eclipse to get it to publish stuff.  I unfortunately
still have never taken the plunge into the RT world of Eclipse +
IvyDE to figure out what is going on.  One item of interest:  a
colleague of mine did find a JIRA report against STS or Spring IDE
(can't remember which, but... what's the difference?) that accounts
for failures to delete old cached artifacts when resolving projects.
It seems STS is responsible for locking the cached jars, the only
remedy for which, AFAIK, is to shut down Eclipse.  There's no logic
to this leap, but it does make me wonder if STS could be responsible
for this as well... (for our part we're stuck using STS for its
TCServer support)

$0.02,
Matt