ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Michael.Hoff...@us.sogeti.com>
Subject RE: CVS Resolver
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:39:57 GMT
That is a good point on the size. They will not reach no more than 500MB across their projects
initially; however, that could grow quite a bit.

There are several reasons. The CVS server is existing, has all the user accounts setup, provides
security/control over who can add to the repository and is being backed up nightly. Again,
if I had my way, I would use Archiva or Artifactory, but I am concerned with pitching a process
change that introduces another product with maintenance and support required.

Mike

________________________________

From: Tim Brown [mailto:tpbrown@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 4/27/2010 6:13 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: CVS Resolver

Haven't seen this before -- and I'd be wary of putting an Ivy repository
into CVS.

I can't speak for others, but we're generating a good 100GB of binaries with
each release (yes, we're a really big stack).  CVS' handling of binary files
isn't great, and you're going to create a really large CVS repository
quickly.

Why do you want to put binaries into CVS?