ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Thorburn <>
Subject Re: [IVYDE] WTP not publishing Updated JARs to Jetty
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 03:07:20 GMT
Getting the following error when I clear the caches, resolve, and
attempt to republish:
(No such file or directory)
at Method)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.util.PublishHelper.copyFile(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.util.PublishHelper.publishSmart(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.util.PublishHelper.publishSmart(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.util.PublishHelper.publishSmart(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.util.PublishHelper.publishSmart(
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.publishers.AbstractModuleAssembler.copyModule(
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.publishers.WarModuleAssembler.assemble(
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.publishers.AntPublisher.assembleModule(
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.publishers.AntPublisher.publish(
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.GenericServerBehaviour.publishModule(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$

Now, that doesn't involve IvyDE at all, so it's either a WTP bug (and
I should raise one over there), or IvyDE isn't doing something it
should be doing...

The JAR it should be seeing is company-core-,
but for some reason it is still holding a reference to the old one in

- Andrew

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Andrew Thorburn <> wrote:
> I've got a really frustrating problem:
> I use Ivy to manage dependencies for my web application, and
> WTP/Eclipse to debug it. Mostly, that works fine. However, today, I
> added in a new class to a project, built a new JAR using Ant/Ivy,
> resolved my Ivy container in Eclipse, saw the new JAR appear (its name
> contains a timestamp, so it's very easy to tell that it's the right
> one). Make changes in Eclipse using the new class.
> Publish to server. And then it breaks, because it can't find the class
> I've just added. What the hell? Far as I can tell, the only way to get
> Eclipse to publish the new JAR (as opposed to the old one) is by
> closing the Web Application project and reopening it. Not cool.
> I'm using, and Ivy
> 2.1.0, Eclipse 3.5.2 and WTP 3.1.1, with Jetty 6.1.22 as the server.
> Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? And how I can solve
> it? This is liable to drive me up the wall...
> Thanks,
> - Andrew Thoburn

View raw message