ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Thorburn <nzi...@gmail.com>
Subject [IVYDE] WTP not publishing Updated JARs to Jetty
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:57:56 GMT
I've got a really frustrating problem:

I use Ivy to manage dependencies for my web application, and
WTP/Eclipse to debug it. Mostly, that works fine. However, today, I
added in a new class to a project, built a new JAR using Ant/Ivy,
resolved my Ivy container in Eclipse, saw the new JAR appear (its name
contains a timestamp, so it's very easy to tell that it's the right
one). Make changes in Eclipse using the new class.

Publish to server. And then it breaks, because it can't find the class
I've just added. What the hell? Far as I can tell, the only way to get
Eclipse to publish the new JAR (as opposed to the old one) is by
closing the Web Application project and reopening it. Not cool.

I'm using apache-ivyde-2.0.0.final-200907011148-RELEASE, and Ivy
2.1.0, Eclipse 3.5.2 and WTP 3.1.1, with Jetty 6.1.22 as the server.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? And how I can solve
it? This is liable to drive me up the wall...

Thanks,

- Andrew Thoburn