ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From John <verk...@gmx.net>
Subject overriding dependencies??
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 07:06:05 GMT
Hi!

Most apache libs depends on commons-logging, so when retrieving e.g.
commons-lang, commons-logging.jar will also retrieved.
Now we've decided to switch to slf4j and not using commons-logging.
slf4j provides a bridge jcl-over-slfj4.jar which can be used instead
of commons-logging.jar, so commons-logging.jar must not in the
classpath.
Is there a way to tell ivy to retrieve jcl-over-slfj4.jar where
commons-logging.jar is requested? Or do I have to manually edit all
ivys where commons-logging is a dependency? Or what's the best way to
handle this requirement?

Thx, John