ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From normand gagnon <letr...@gmail.com>
Subject default="true" in the info of a module descriptor
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:13:06 GMT
Hi,

I used the ant "install" task to extract module from our own legacy
maven-like repository.  After running the task, the new repository ended up
created correctly except that every generated ivy.xml file has a strange
attribute named default="true" in the <info> element.  I did not see any
reference to that in the ivy documentation.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
    <info organisation="netscape"
        module="ldapsdk"
        revision="4.1"
        status="release"
        publication="20100323165600"
        default="true"   <----------- what's this?
    />
    <configurations>
        <conf name="default" visibility="public"/>
    </configurations>
    <publications>
        <artifact name="ldapsdk" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default"/>
    </publications>
</ivy-module>

I don't know what it means and it seems that it prevents dependencies
defined as "latest.release" to retrieve module that has such default="true"
attribute defined.

thanks,

Normand