ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Glidden, Douglass A" <Douglass.A.Glid...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: Ivy and Adobe Flex
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:07:59 GMT
I've done it before, but it's been a while.  IIRC, Flex Projects have a "lib dir" option of
some sort, that allows you to specify a directory that Eclipse will search for SWC files;
just make sure Ivy downloads your SWC dependencies to that directory and Eclipse will pick
them up automatically (although you will probably have to hit F5 to refresh the project after
every resolve in order to make sure any newly downloaded dependencies are found).

My apologies for not being able to be more specific--it's been several months since I last
worked on a Flex project, and my Flex Builder licenses have long since expired.  It's definitely
possible, though, and as well as I can remember it's not particularly difficult to set up.

Doug Glidden
Software Engineer
The Boeing Company
Douglass.A.Glidden@boeing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Josef Reislhuber [mailto:Josef.Reislhuber@gfpgmbh.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 02:45
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Ivy and Adobe Flex

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with using Ivy for Adobe Flex projects in Eclipse,
or if this is even possible.

More specifically, I would like to deploy .swc files to a repository, retrieve them in the
Eclipse IDE and automatically add the .swc files to the libraries of the Flex Build Path of
a Flex project. Just like .jar files are automatically added to the libraries of the Java
Build Path of a Java project.

Thanks in advance,

Josef Reislhuber