ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Clements Mark" <cleme...@OFAC.CH>
Subject problem occurred: 'Launching AAAA' has encountered a problem. BBBB does not exist
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:25:38 GMT
Hi,

Strictly speaking this isn't an IvyDE question, but other people on the
list may have experienced the same problem.

If I try to run either an application or Junit from Eclipse and there
are project dependencies missing from the workspace then the application
will refuse to run with a message like:

problem occurred: 'Launching AAAA' has encountered a problem. BBBB does
not exist

So - AAAA has a dependency on BBBB, but BBBB is not in the workspace.
AAAA can compile because it has loaded its dependencies from BBBB via
Ivy, but any application that I try to run in AAAA fails because of the
missing dependency.

Clearly if BBBB is loaded via the Ivy classpath container then the fact
that I don't have BBBB in the workspace should not be a problem, but I
can't find an option within Eclipse to tell it as much. "Resolve
dependencies in workspace" is selected, and I'm running RAD 7.5 (based
on Eclipse 3.4) with IvyDE 2.0.0.final-20090711148-RELEASE).

Has anyone else seen or managed to resolve this issue? I'm pretty sure
that I've seen an option that tells Eclipse that it can run applications
despite project dependencies being missing, but I've been unable to
refind it.

Thanks,

Mark