ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject [IvyDE] resolver appears to delete jars not needed by the current conf
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:36:51 GMT
Say I've got:

A[default,test] with an artifact for each conf

and:

B[default]->A[default]
C[default]->A[default]
D[default]->A[default]
D[test]->A[test]

Now, as one would probably expect, A[test] extends A[default] and D
[test] extends D[default].  Furthermore, for the purposes of this
discussion the workspace resolver is immaterial.  Now, if I resolve D
[test], A[test] ends up in the cache as desired.  However, if I then
resolve (B|C)[default], it seems that A[default] remains in the cache
but its [test] artifact is lost.  I am using Hudson-built versions of
Ivy and IvyDE, and the A|B|C|D artifacts are all coming through a
single URL resolver with a changing revision (using the Maven -
SNAPSHOT convention).  This doesn't seem to happen when I resolve (B|
C)[default] using the Ant tasks.  I can't see how to turn up the log
level in IvyDE (I don't know how/where to hand-edit the preference
and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it through the UI).  Any
suggestions on what is going on?

Thanks,
Matt