ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Clarke, Trevor" <tcla...@ball.com>
Subject using ivy for non-java dependencies
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:55:01 GMT
I work on an application primarily written in C++ and we've been
searching for a better dependency management system. We'll have to write
something if we can't find a suitable alternative.

Looking at ivy, it appears to have all the features we need (transitive
dependencies, multiple package repository support, multiple
configuration support, etc.) However, I'm wondering if I can use it for
non-java projects. We have a bunch of .zip files with pre-built
libraries and include files. We'd need to have ivy download and unzip
them to a workspace where our existing build system can locate them. Is
this something that's easy to accomplish? Where should I start looking?
I've read enough to believe that the standalone ivy (without ant) is
probably what I need but I'm not sure how to go about configuring ivy to
perform the unzip.

Trevor R.H. Clarke
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp
Opticks, Free Your Imagery (http://opticks.org)
GPG key available on random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de