ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with transitive dependencies
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:38:45 GMT
Could you please try this again with Ivy 2.1.0?

thanks,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Alexandre Gacon <alexandre.gacon@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wed, March 10, 2010 10:55:46 AM
Subject: Problem with transitive dependencies

Hi,

I have a strange behavior with the transitive dependencies. I use IVY 2.0.

I have the following configuration:

- I have a first project called A in my repository which references the C++
lib boost. The ivy.xml file of my project A declares the dependency as
follow:

<dependency org="org.boost" name="boost" rev="1.38.+">

When the project A is published, the resolved dependency becomes the
following:

<dependency org="org.boost" name="boost" rev="1.38.0"
revConstraint="1.38.+">

which is perfectly logical.

- I have a second project called B which references both project A and boost
library. The depencies are defined as follow:

        <dependency org="com.bluekaizen" name="A" rev="1.0.+"/>
        <dependency org="org.boost" name="boost" rev="1.38.+">

When I ask IVY to resolve the dependencies, IVY tells me that there is two
conflicting revision for boost : 1.38.+ and 1.38.0  and decides to keep the
1.38.+. Why IVY does not detect that the revision is the same ? In a simple
case like this example it is not a problem but if you add include/exlucde
instructions to your dependencies declaration, the observed behavior leads
to have only the include/exclude instructions of the 1.38.+ revision and not
the ones of the 1.38.0.

Is this a bug ? Or just a configuration problem ?

--
Alexandre Gacon