ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andrew McFague <amcfa...@wgen.net>
Subject Ivy not creating conf-specific subdirs
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:35:54 GMT
Hello,

I've been setting up Ivy for our custom application, and I've run into the following problem.
 Based on the documentation and other mailing list posts, it seems that by default, module
confs should be checked out into separate directories.  In other words, even though there
are separate configs (compile and runtime), they all checkout into lib/*.jar.  Is there a
configuration option that needs to be set that I'm not seeing?

Here are all the configs.  I really appreciate the help!

Andrew

ivy.xml
<ivy-module version="2.0">
   <info organisation="mclass" module="webapp" />

   <configurations>
       <conf name='runtime' visibility='private' description='Only required for runtime'/>
       <conf name='compile' description="Only required for compiletime"/>
   </configurations>

   <dependencies>
       <dependency org="apache" name="log4j" rev="1.2.9" conf="compile->*"/>
   </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

build.xml (ant)
   <target name="ivy-resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies with ivy">
       <ivy:settings url="http://private.url.to/ivysettings.xml" />
       <ivy:retrieve />
   </target>

ivysettings.xml
<ivysettings>
   <settings defaultResolver="private"
             defaultBranch="${branch}"
             defaultConflictManager="all" />    <!-- in order to get all revisions without
any eviction -->
   <resolvers>
       <url name="private">
           <ivy pattern="http://private.repo/ivyrepo/([branch])/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml"/>
           <artifact pattern="http://private.repo/ivyrepo/([branch])/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[type]"/>
       </url>
   </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

log4j's ivy.xml file, in the repository
<ivy-module version="1.0">
   <info organisation='apache' module='log4j' branch="futureqa" revision='1.2.9'/>
   <dependencies>
       <dependency org='sun' name='javamail' rev='1.3'/>
   </dependencies>
</ivy-module>