ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot delete outdated artifacts in cache
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 20:57:12 GMT
Maybe your IDE is locking some of the jars in the cache?
Could you confirm this is not the case?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Troy Self <tself@bbn.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tue, March 2, 2010 7:11:09 PM
Subject: Cannot delete outdated artifacts in cache

I am having an issue where my build fails half the time now because Ivy is
unable to overwrite files in the cache. My build is setup so that internal
projects are published to the local repository with the version, "SNAPSHOT".
This sometimes works and other times fails.

It appears to fail when a dependent project attempts to resolve the projects
built earlier in the build. For example, projects A and B are both building
and publishing correctly. Process C, which depends on A and B is then
failing because it is unable to copy A.jar and B.jar to the cache.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a locking thing? All of this is
within a single ant build with no forked JVMs. Error message shown below my
signature.

Thanks,

-- tBs

[ivy:resolve] :::: ERRORS
[ivy:resolve]   Couldn't delete outdated artifact from cache:
C:\Users\tself\.iv
y2\cache\foo\pint-server\jars\a-client-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ivy:resolve]   Couldn't delete outdated artifact from cache:
C:\Users\tself\.iv
y2\cache\foo\obs-exporter\jars\a-exporter-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ivy:resolve]