ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Bruch <br...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Behavior of ivy.retrieve(..)
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 07:01:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with Ivy using it directly from Java.

My goal is, given an Ivy file, to download the module itself and all of
its dependencies and put them into my cache. When using ivy.retrieve()
it downloads all dependencies and puts them into the cache. However, it
does not download the initially requested module itself. This module is
only downloaded when using  ivy.install(mrid, from, to, opts)

My question: Is it possible to use ivy.retrieve to download the
originally requested module too? Did I just miss a configuration option
somewhere or is it designed to be used exactly this way?

Thanks,
Marcel

--
Eclipse Code Recommenders