ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Bert Robben <bert.rob...@gmail.com>
Subject difference between "Add Ivy Library" and "Add Library -> IvyDE Managed Dependencies" in eclipse
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:24:26 GMT
Hi,

after quite a struggle, I figured out that there is a difference between the
two ways that an Ivy classpath container can be set up in Eclipse.

(1) you can right-click on ivy.xml and do "Add Ivy Library".
(2) you can go to project properties, select Java Build Path, choose
libraries tab, click on "Add Library", then select IvyDE Managed
Dependencies

My expectation was that these two actions would be get the same result.
However, I noticed that if you do it as in (2), dependent projects [i.e.
project that you also have open in the eclipse workspace] are not picked up
correctly and still appear as jars in the ivy.xml classpath container.

If I add my libs as in (1), it works as I expect it to and my project
dependencies are correctly picked up.

Note that I'm not using project specific settings so I always inherit the
settings (like "resolve dependencies in workspace") from the workspace.

Am I missing something or is this a not so nice "feature" ?

thanks,

Bert