ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From david herviou <david.herv...@gmail.com>
Subject Transitive resolving issue ?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:28:54 GMT
hello all,

I'm running ivy since several months in my compagny and try to generalize
its usage in all new project.
Ivy version used is 2.1.0.

Today we have encountered a problem while running the following use case (I
mean the ivy:resolve task does not behave as expected) :

moduleA has one of its dependencies like this : <dependency org="log4j"
name="log4j" rev="1.2.14" transitive="false"/>
moduleB has one of its dependencies like this : <dependency org="log4j"
name="log4j" rev="1.2.15" transitive="false"/>

While moduleC use moduleA and moduleB I have something like this :
 <dependency org="moduleA.org" name="moduleA" rev="moduleA.rev"/>
 <dependency org="moduleB.org" name="moduleB" rev="moduleB.rev"/>

This seems to be very banal BUT, when running the ivy:resolve task the
log4j-1.2.15 evicts the log4j-1.2.14 which seems to be a good thing!
but thereafter the resolve task does not consider the transitivity has false
and try to resolve all the dependencies of log4j-1.2.15

If I remove moduleA.org and use only moduleB.org then the resolve task
behave correctly (I mean there is no resolution of transitives
dependencies).
The reverse case is also true.

Any idea ?

David H.