ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <archie.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dealing with Large/Complex Dependencies (e.g. Windows Platform SDK)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 01:38:32 GMT
I don't know from Windows so this may be a dumb question... do you have a
tools issue or a data entry issue?

In other words, if you have to type in 3000 things by hand, it doesn't
really matter what tool you're using, it's going to suck. On the other hand,
if you have the dependency information already electronic, then with some
scripting/programming you should be able to transform that into ivy files
(or whatever else) fairly easily...

-Archie

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Scott Goldstein <
Scott.Goldstein@nextlabs.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to come up with a strategy for dealing with large/complex
> dependencies.  Specifically, in this case, I'm working with the Windows
> Platform SDK.  Although there are a number of environment/configuration
> issues around using the library, the biggest issue that I see is the mere
> size.  There are almost 3000 artifacts (header files, lib files, etc.).  I
> suppose I could enter all of these into an ivy.xml file, but I'd like to
> avoid this.
>
> Has anyone had to address a similar problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott
>
> - --------------------------------------------------------------------
> STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

> contain confidential or privileged information. No representation is made on
> its accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this electronic
> message. Certain assumptions may have been made in the preparation of this
> material as at this date, and are subject to change without notice. If you
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
> is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender at NextLabs Inc and
> destroy all copies of this message and any attachments from your system.

Archie L. Cobbs