ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Miranda <clau...@claudius.com.br>
Subject Re: [ivyde] Using a relative path for the Build Properties file?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 02:23:00 GMT

I have a similar situation, where the ivysettings is situated at $HOME/.ivy2
It needs to load the build.properties of each project, so I put

<properties file="${ivy.project.dir}/build.properties" />

into $HOME/.ivy2/ivysettings.xml

see if it helps

Claudio Miranda

fnord wrote:

> We use a build.properties file in every build, it sits right in the root
> folder.
>
> I've been unable to find a way to use a relative path for this property --
> I have to set an absolute path, which breaks the way we normally set up
> IvyDE, which is with a global setting, rather than a project-specific
> setting.
>
> At this point I've got devs complaining and hard-coding values and all
> hell is about to break loose. I'm charging my cattle prod now.
>
> Is there a way to say something like ${ant.file}/build.properties so that
> this can be set globally?

-----
Claudio Miranda
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/claudio