ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From marcdb <>
Subject Use ivy-dependencies to create ant-tasks
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:26:38 GMT

We are using an ant-task called wsimport to create java-classes from xml.
This wsimport task is defined as follows in our build-file:
<taskdef name="wsimport" classname="">
	 <classpath refid="jaxws.classpath"/>
Where classpath points to the appropriate jaxb and jaxws jars which are
checked-in in our version control system.

To control the version of jaxb and jaxws jars that we are using for making
our builds, we were thinking about using the ivy-dependency mechanism: via
an ivy.xml file for the build-system, the appropriate versions of these jars
would be retrieved, which could then be used in the classpath when making
the taskdef.
Has somebody already done this or knows a better solution to manage the
versions of the jars that are used in taskdefs of build.xml files.

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message