ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Juha Ranta <juha.ra...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: advanced ivy retrieve syntax
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:31:31 GMT

dek577 wrote:

> Does the ivy:retrieve ant task support more advanced configuration
> specifications similar to the configuration mappings, intersections, and
> negations described here:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/dependency.html
>
> I'm interested in doing a retrieve similar to the following:
>
> <task name="retrieve">
> <ivy:retriive conf="runtime+release"
> pattern="${staging.dir}/[module]-[revision]/[artifact](.[ext])"/>
> </task>
>
> that grabs a subset of the dependencies.

I've run to a similar need with my confs. The problem seems to arise when I
have confs in two or more "dimensions". For instance, while constructing my
server platform, I need to put some jars in classpath, other jars as Bea
shared libraries, others in mbeantypes directory, etc. Fine, I can use confs
to tell whether I want to put the jar in classpath or the mbeantypes
directory. However, at the same time, I may need to insert some jars only in
the developer's classpath and some only in the runtime classpath.

Thus, it would be useful to be able to retrieve, say,
"developer+mbeantypes".

I looked at the current options in Ivy but didn't find anything that worked
well in this situation.

Juha Ranta