ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Transitive resolving issue ?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:38:29 GMT
Seems like a bug to me.
Could you create a new JIRA issue?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

thanks,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: david herviou <david.herviou@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Mon, March 22, 2010 11:28:54 AM
Subject: Transitive resolving issue ?

hello all,

I'm running ivy since several months in my compagny and try to generalize
its usage in all new project.
Ivy version used is 2.1.0.

Today we have encountered a problem while running the following use case (I
mean the ivy:resolve task does not behave as expected) :

moduleA has one of its dependencies like this : <dependency org="log4j"
name="log4j" rev="1.2.14" transitive="false"/>
moduleB has one of its dependencies like this : <dependency org="log4j"
name="log4j" rev="1.2.15" transitive="false"/>

While moduleC use moduleA and moduleB I have something like this :
<dependency org="moduleA.org" name="moduleA" rev="moduleA.rev"/>
<dependency org="moduleB.org" name="moduleB" rev="moduleB.rev"/>

This seems to be very banal BUT, when running the ivy:resolve task the
log4j-1.2.15 evicts the log4j-1.2.14 which seems to be a good thing!
but thereafter the resolve task does not consider the transitivity has false
and try to resolve all the dependencies of log4j-1.2.15

If I remove moduleA.org and use only moduleB.org then the resolve task
behave correctly (I mean there is no resolution of transitives
dependencies).
The reverse case is also true.

Any idea ?

David H.