ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Troy Self" <ts...@bbn.com>
Subject Cannot delete outdated artifacts in cache
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:11:09 GMT
I am having an issue where my build fails half the time now because Ivy is
unable to overwrite files in the cache. My build is setup so that internal
projects are published to the local repository with the version, "SNAPSHOT".
This sometimes works and other times fails.

It appears to fail when a dependent project attempts to resolve the projects
built earlier in the build. For example, projects A and B are both building
and publishing correctly. Process C, which depends on A and B is then
failing because it is unable to copy A.jar and B.jar to the cache.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a locking thing? All of this is
within a single ant build with no forked JVMs. Error message shown below my
signature.

Thanks,

-- tBs

[ivy:resolve] :::: ERRORS
[ivy:resolve]   Couldn't delete outdated artifact from cache:
C:\Users\tself\.iv
y2\cache\foo\pint-server\jars\a-client-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ivy:resolve]   Couldn't delete outdated artifact from cache:
C:\Users\tself\.iv
y2\cache\foo\obs-exporter\jars\a-exporter-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ivy:resolve]