ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hugo Pinto <hsspi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why should I use a dependencies manager?
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 15:42:24 GMT
Hi Cby,

Just think about projects which use subprojects which have
dependencies not compatible with the parent project's dependencies(or
deprecated versions of common libraries) and you've got a case where
you need to manage your dependencies formally.

If you have a single project it may be overkill(*); have many projects
that may be combined or have dependencies between them and you will
need some sort of dependency management.

(*) I use for all my projects though, as in practice I use so many
framweworks as to always fall into the case of a "project that uses
other projects that have umpredictable dependencies"

Cheers,
--
Hugo Pinto
Artificial Intelligence, Computational Linguistics and Computer Games