ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Using Ivy to manage Eclipse plug-in and RCP development
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:40:58 GMT

Le 12 févr. 2010 à 19:36, Alan Chaney a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I've used Ivy extensively to manage dependencies in web applications. I'm currently developing
a set of Eclipse plug-ins to be bundled both as Eclipse features and Eclipse RCP apps.

> Does anyone have any pointers/recommendations about how to manage the sources and bundles
using Ivy? Are there any gotchas I should be aware of?
> I intend to make all the dependent libraries eclipse library plug-ins - in most cases
I'll have to do this wrapping myself.

You might be interested by this project which makes Ivy understand OSGi dependencies:
http://code.google.com/p/bushel/

It is quite experimental and do some heuristic but I have been able to build some eclipse
plugins with it.

Nicolas