ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy repository strategies for Javascript artifact
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:31:06 GMT
Marco:
If it's a versioned artifact that needs to be shared, then it's a good fit
for Ivy. As to the question of whether to publish each individual file or
the entire archive, once you get into supporting a directory layout where
this file goes here and that file goes there and some files go in a certain
directory, making each file a published artifact becomes unsustainable. Your
published artifact really becomes the ZIP.

Just this sort of paradigm is already automatically supported with .war
files and web containers. The WAR is the artifact, not its individual
contents.

For your libraries, the exploding of the files into their destination
location becomes an extra build/deployment step. Probably, this is going to
involve the use of two Ant tasks, ivy:resolve and then ivy:cachefileset, to
obtain the ZIP and do something with it.