ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a module's artifacts for build
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 04:57:04 GMT
Carl, interesting use case. I can't think of any existing Ivy task that
accomplishes what you're looking for.

And I can't say I'd be motivated myself to go to the lengths you're going to
to avoid redundancy. However, I can attest that I have run into trouble
where I've changed the name of an artifact I'm publishing but I forgot to
change the name in the ivy.xml. Then I'd be poring over an error message
like:
impossible to publish artifacts for [module]: java.io.IOException: missing
artifact [artifact]

This problem is strictly a matter of keeping track of the same name in two
places. And the straightforward solution is to use a ${} Ant property
placeholder for the artifact name in the ivy.xml--since property
substitutions are allowed in source (unpublished) ivy.xml files.