ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a module's artifacts for build
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 03:39:16 GMT
Carl, no need to set special properties. Ivy's pattern matching takes care
of finding the correct origin artifacts. Suppose in your project's ivy.xml
you say you want to publish foo.jar like so:
  <publications>
    <artifact name="foo" type="jar" conf="default" />
  </publications>

And suppose that, in the course of your build, you create a foo-1.0.jar in
your dist directory where 1.0 is your desired version. To get ivy:publish to
know where to look, you would specify ivy:publish's artifactpattern
attribute like so:
    <ivy:publish artifactspattern="${dist.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
... />

Ivy's smart enough to know to match each artifact in your ivy.xml against
each potential [artifact]-[revision].[ext]-matching file in ${dist.dir}. As
for how Ivy negotiates the revision, check the documentation on the
ivy:publish task:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/use/publish.html