ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IVYDE] eclipse file locking problem in ivy cache
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:31:19 GMT
Marcel:
   I'm personally pretty sure that the jars are locked by Eclipse and
not so much by Ivy.  If you're using Windows, you can use a
downloadable utility called Unlocker to, well, unlock the jars.
After you've done this, however, Eclipse will probably throw
innumerable errors until you throw your hands up in despair and/or
disgust, shut it down, and restart.  The lesson to take away is that
Eclipse is what has the jars locked; this is strongly implicated by
the fact that I personally more or less never use the workspace
resolver.  I suspect that retrieving the artifacts rather than using
them from cache would help to some degree, though I've not yet
investigated this possibility.

$0.02,
Matt