ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Wagner <marcel.wag...@gmx.de>
Subject [IVYDE] eclipse file locking problem in ivy cache
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:09:39 GMT
We use in our projects a SNAPSHOT working model, so we publish a lot
SNAPSHOT.jar files. Ivy supports this through checkmodified="true", to
include also the date into its resolve strategy. On the command line,
through ivy/ant all is fine. In eclipse there is a problem, the jars for
each projects are in the cache directory, so all the projects locks the
SNAPSHOT.jar. Now publishing a new SNAPSHOT.jar is useless in IvyDE,
IvyDE can't replace the jar in the cache, it seems locked through other
projects referencing the SNAPHOT.jar. ;-( So IvyDE should release all
jars files in all projects classpath containers before making a resolve
or the jars should retrieved in their own directory for each project
like ivy is doing.

Regards,
Marcel