ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Sharov <psha...@optima.com.ua>
Subject Artifact revision not updated at retrieve
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:04:50 GMT
Hi All!

I have moduleA which depends on moduleB of revision 0.2. I do retrieve
for moduleA, using an [artifact].[ext] pattern, and get locally b.jar
of revision 0.2. Then I edit moduleA's ivy.xml to make it depend on
moduleB's previous revision 0.1, and redo retrieve. As a result, I
still find local b.jar of revision 0.2, so it does not by some reason
get overwritten with revision 0.1.
If I previously delete local b.jar of revision 0.2 manually, I
successfully get revision 0.1 after second retrieve. Also, if I use
retrieve pattern like [artifact]-[revision].[ext], it also goes well
and b-0.2.jar gets replaced with b-0.1.jar.
So, is this the expected behavior? I assume this is something to do
with artifacts's last-modified date: if I manually make the earlier
revision's artifact date later in the repository, then my problem
vanishes. Looks much like Ant <copy> logic, but is it
appropriate in this case?
I am using Ivy 2.1.0 with default ivysettings. Retrieve's sync
parameter does not affect the situation.

Pavel