ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Attach source in Eclipse
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:36:07 GMT

Le 10 févr. 2010 à 14:13, Hågen P. Hasle a écrit :

> Can nobody help me with this?  Am I asking the wrong question, or not giving enough information?

> Or maybe I'm giving too much information.  All I want is to attach source to a library
in Eclipse that IvyDE resolves for me from a local filebased Maven repository.  I'm sure there
must be a way to do this..?

The sources are automatically attached based on the found artifacts of a module. IvyDE will
look for source artifacts which has the type "source" or "src" or "sources" (configurable
in the container configuration panel), and it will try to make the name match with suffixes:
for X.jar it will search for X.jar, X-src.jar, X-sources.jar, X-source.jar, (also configurable).

But there is an issue with transitive dependencies of source and javadoc in the maven integration
[1] which might get your case not working.

Nicolas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1003

> Regards, Haagen
>
> Hågen P. Hasle skrev:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have rewritten a rather big project to use Ivy and IvyDE in Eclipse.  It's working
good, but I'm not sure how to attach sourcecode to the dependencies in Eclipse.
>> We are using a filebased Maven-repo on a network share, and I've built this repo
from our old (manual) dependencies.  I've seen some suggestions as to how you can attach sources
in Eclipse, but if I understand correctly all of them assume you use an Ivy repo.

>> This is from the settings-file for the shared repo:
>> <ivysettings>
>>   <resolvers>
>>       <filesystem name="shared" m2compatible="true" local="false">
         <artifact pattern="L:\nsbesb\maven\repository/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>                  </filesystem>
>>   </resolvers>   </ivysettings>
>>
>> If I for example have a jar-file called X.jar in the repo, then I have tried to add
a x-sources.jar.  This seems to be the way it is done in Maven, and from the (rather sparse)
documentation I've found for IvyDE, it seems to be the way it's supposed to be done in Ivy(DE)
too.
>> I've tried a couple of different approaches (adding a sources-conf, adding another
artifact to the settings-file for the shared repo, ++), but so far without luck.  Can anyone
help me?