ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Western <gar...@garethwestern.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2 and CruiseControl integration
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:00:21 GMT
We use Bamboo rather than CruiseControl, but I think the problem is
the same: build order.

So far we have 2 solutions to this:

1) A single build project, which checks out the entire code base and
then uses the ivy buildlist [1] task to determine the correct order
for building each module. The disadvantage here is having to check out
everything.
2) Checkout each module individually and build when an SVN commit is
detected. The disadvantage here is that there is no dependency
information, so occasionally a build will fail if a dependency is
unsatisfied.

Ideally there would be a plugin for CruiseControl / Bamboo /
CI-Server-Of-Your-Choice that would work in a similar way to the
buildlist task so that your modules always build in the best order.
Unfortunately I don't think there is yet one for Bamboo. There is a
sourceforge project called "IvyPlugins" that might be able to help you
with CruiseControl, but I haven't tried it myself.

Cheers,

Gaz

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/buildlist.html

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Jimenez Coelho, Juan
<juan.jimenezcoelho@citi.com> wrote:
> We have been using CruiseControl for the past 4 years and have a very large number of
projects being built using both Ant and Maven.

> My team is now experimenting with Ivy and I would like to test the builds from CruiseControl.
 As yet, I have not found any page or news item describing a good way of doing this.  Could
someone please point me in the right direction?