ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jimenez Coelho, Juan " <juan.jimenezcoe...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Ivy 2 and CruiseControl integration
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:04:36 GMT
As a matter of fact, I had checked ivyplugins before but my (admittedly superficial) reading
of comments, readmes, etc seemed to indicate that this is a Cruisecontrol publisher plug-in
to be used within <onsuccess>.

This did not look like the right thing.  Before I publish I need to build the project and
report any failures (i.e. console output) on the Cruisecontrol project page.  I have something
working by using <exec>.  Of course all console output is lost.

My latest reading seems to indicate that I might need to wrap Ivy in an Ant script.  I suspect
I would need to do more such as specifying where the repository is located, copy ivy2.jar
to lib directory of ANT, etc).

So, my question really is "has anyone taken the trouble to document all these steps"?  Preferably
the best combination as I suspect there are several ways of achieving this.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Western [mailto:gareth@garethwestern.com]
Sent: 15 February 2010 14:48
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ivy 2 and CruiseControl integration

Thanks very much! I'll try and find some time to play around with this once things cool down
with my current workload.

PS I forgot to link to IvyPlugins in my previous email, but for those who are interested and
don't know how to search: the homepage is http://sourceforge.net/projects/ivyplugins/

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Klaas Prause <klaas.prause@blau.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we used CruiseControl for CI but switched a year ago to Bamboo. We used the ivypublisher
as base for a customized ivy build trigger plugin in CruiseControl. I found an old version
in our VersionControl. It is attached to the mail. It worked for us, feel free to modify it
share it however you like. I am not sure if the archive works out of the box, you need a build
file (we had a customized ANT build process that does not exist anymore so I deleted the incomplete
build file). I cannot give you much help. In the end it is a documented version of the ivypublisher
fixed to work with a newer version of CruiseControl and ivy.

> Regards
> Klaas
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

of projects being built using both Ant and Maven.

>> My team is now experimenting with Ivy and I would like to test the builds from CruiseControl.
 As yet, I have not found any page or news item describing a good way of doing this.  Could
someone please point me in the right direction?