ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Juha Ranta <juha.ra...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: branch usage
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 13:59:34 GMT

Luke Renn wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> All:  Does any documentation exist of any depth concerning the use of
>> branch
>> attributes among Ivy files?
>
> There's not much to them.  One thing (iirc) is that you need to change
> the repository patterns if you're using branches.
>
> ivy.<whatever>.default.artifact.pattern=[organisation]/[module]/([branch]/)[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]
> ivy.<whatever>.default.ivy.pattern=[organisation]/[module]/([branch]/)[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]
>
> Otherwise a publish of two versions on different branches will blow
> the other one away.

I also use the branch attribute in my patterns, but despite this, I think
it's a good idea to always have different revisions for each release even
across the branches. IIRC, there are some Ivy functions which don't work
well if you have the same revision in different branches.

About branches, they're useful in that you can get the latest.* revision
from a given branch. For instance,

<dependency name="mymod" org="myorg" branch="release_1"
rev="latest.integration"/>

etc.