ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Arcozen <arco...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy repository strategies for Javascript artifact
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:38:08 GMT
Hi everybody.
In our company we need to share some javascript libraries.
At this moment, we have some zip files containing a lot of js, css, images
and resources.

Well, we know that it's not just right:

1) download zip from our repository with ivy
2) extract from zip archive every file needed and put it into the codeline
3) continue build process

In fact, we know that the "real" artifacts are js files (and every other
resource in the zip file) and not their zip archive, but to put them in
exploded or flat tree could be a problem (e.g. a lot of files to publish
into a module).

So, I would ask if there's a best approach to publish in the repository this
kind of artifacts or if is it better keep them out of a central repository
and use an other strategy to share them.

Best regards

Marco