ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Eugu...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Re: Ivy + hudson CI - problems downloading artifacts, please, help
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:53:34 GMT
We do have concurrent access to ivy cache as we are using CI and the latest
experiment shown that the artifact locking doesn't work for us.
It seems to produce a deadlock.

OTOH we have experimented with resolve mode - set it to dynamic and it
seems to help with the issue, but we don't have enough statistics yet.
I will update if the issue will be really gone after a week with this fix
or so...

PS I'm sorry that the information I'm providing is so spotty. I understand
the difficulty to try to fix the software/resolve the issue "by ear"
without logs.
That's why probably the only thing i can ask for is to revisit the ivy
cache mechanism at some point, if possible, with heavy concurrency in mind.

With best regards,
Eugene