ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Aston <Timothy.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using ivy:install to install non-jar artifacts
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:53:39 GMT

I have any Ivy-less repository configured something like:

      <filesystem name="my-repo">
            <artifact pattern="$
{my.default.root}/builds/[artifact]-[revision]-inst.tar.gz" />
      </filesystem>

I also point the appropriate organisation to this resolver:

      <modules>
            <module organisation="blah" resolver="my-repo"/>
      </modules>

I want to consider each tar.gz file to be a module with an artifact of the
same name.  Luckily the filenames are nicely versioned, so it should work
fine.

I believe the issue is primarily with the fact that the artifacts I want to
consume are not jar files.  I can get around this with dependencies with
the <artifact> element:

      <dependency org="blah" name="mymodule" rev="8.4.+" conf="installkit->
default">
            <artifact name="mymodule" type="tar.gz" />
      </dependency>

But this arrangement is a bit awkward (and also slow to resolve).  So I'd
prefer to have everything in a more conventional Ivy repository complete
with Ivy XML files.  The problem is, if I try to use ivy:install a la:

        <ivy:install organisation="blah" module="mymodule" revision=
"latest.integration" from="my-repo" to="ivy-repo" overwrite="true" />

it will assume that the type of the file is jar, and so it won't work
correctly.

My work around has been to create dependencies as above, resolve them, and
then manually copy the resolved ivy.xml files and the corresponding
artifact into my repository folder. (ick)

-Tim

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |ivy-user@ant.apache.org

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |01/25/2010 05:43 PM

| Subject:   |
  |Re: Using ivy:install to install non-jar artifacts

Tim,

could you give a little more details, I don't fully understand what your
problem is.

Maarten