ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Aston <Timothy.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using ivy:install to install non-jar artifacts
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:09:47 GMT

This brings up a related question regarding a situation I've been dealing
with.  I'm trying to work with a repository without Ivy XML files, and the
artifacts in this repository are not jar files (they are tar.gz files).
With dependencies, this is fine because I can just use the <artifact>
child.  However when it comes to using <install>, there does not seem to be
a way to deal with ivy-less repositories, or am I missing something?

-Tim

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |ivy-user@ant.apache.org

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |01/22/2010 04:39 PM

| Subject:   |
  |Re: Using ivy:install to install non-jar artifacts

Your module containing the swc file should have an ivy.xml file defining
the swc artifact with correct extension.
Can you confirm this is the case in the repository you have specified in
the "from" attribute of your ivy:install task?

Maarten