ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Axelsson <>
Subject Shared resolution cache?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:31:44 GMT
For various reasons I'm experimenting with sharing the resolution cache for several projects
and while I've seen a number of posts discouraging that behavior, I'd still like to hear what
you think about setting it up like this:

1.       Enable some locking strategy

2.       Disable sync, always just add new files

3.       Use the version component of the path during retrieve, ${some.dir}/[module]/[version]/[artifact].[ext],
so that different versions of the same file never conflicts

4.       Optionally make sure parallel concurrent runs don't share the resolution cache, just
sequential runs.