ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Gifford <pggiff...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing with dependencies
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:36:52 GMT
Hi,

  I'm having trouble installing a project jar file, with dependencies, to a
shared repository.  It installs (as does the dependency) but there is no
dependency information in its xml.

  I put the jar in a temporary directory along with the following xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="2.0">
  <info organisation="swampdb" module="swampdb" revision="1.0" />
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org="ojdbc" name="ojdbc" revision="14" />
  </dependencies>
  <publications>
    <artifact name="swampdb" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default" />
  </publications>
</ivy-module>

(hopefully there are no typos above - our dev machines aren't connected to
the Internet)

My "install" task has transitive="true".

Also, the xml file for the artifact found in my shared repository
(ivy-1.0.xml)  has <ivy-module version="1.0"> in it, when I'm using 2.0.  I
don't know if I should be concerned about that.

My main problem, though, is getting dependency information into my shared
repository.  It seems straightforward but clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Paul