ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Installing with dependencies
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:19:35 GMT
My guess is that Ivy doesn't find the ivy.xml file of your swampdb module, so it might create
a default one (without dependencies).

Could you:
- post your ivysettings.xml
- post a snippet of your build.xml containing the ivy:install task

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul Gifford <pggifford@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thu, January 21, 2010 11:10:36 PM
Subject: Re: Installing with dependencies

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

1)  The dependency (I'm working with just 1 to start) is being installed but
that's probably because I've made install task to do so, in my
"create-shared-repo" target.  Any dependency information in the xml file in
my temporary (source) repository isn't showing up in the ivy.xml file in my
shared (destination) repository.  Unfortunately, I'm not getting any error
messages either.
2) I added a conf to my dependency element...in fact I set the conf to be
"runtime" for both the artifact and the dependency.  Oddly, the conf in
ivy.xml is still showing up as "default".

3) overwrite="true" was already set, and I've deleted my shared repository.
It get recreated, still without the dependency information.

Maybe I have to manually add the dependency information to my ivy.xml file?

Thanks again,