ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shea <m...@nitido.com>
Subject info.license
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:10:38 GMT
Hi folks,

I am trying to automate the collection and use of license files in my
build process. eg, suppose I have project A which depends on the modules
apache/commons-lang and apache/commons-logging. I need to include both
of these licenses in project A somehow when I distribute it.

I've seen this:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/license.html

I'm now wondering how best to use it. Presumably, I should modify the
ivy.xml for all the modules that have licenses, and add in the <license>
tag as a first step =). Is there anything built in to Ivy to retrieve
the data from the specified URLs? Perhaps I need to write something to
parse the Ivy XML reports and retrieve all the licenses?

Alternatively, I have considered possibly doing this using <conf
name="license" description="License files"/>, and associating the
license files for each project with that configuration. That seems like
it'd be kind of irritating to implement though.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Mike.