ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jason Guild <jason.gu...@alaska.gov>
Subject IVYDE: shared javadoc attachments
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:03:16 GMT
Hi All:

Got a question about javadoc attachments in IvyDE (2.0.0.final) / Ivy
(2.1.0.final).

I am using the default URL resolver against the Ivy repo on our dev web
server.
The artifact pattern we are using in our ivy settings is:
<artifact
pattern="http://XXXXXX/dev-repo/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"

/>

I've got a module, let say, called 'foo' which publishes multiple JAR
artifacts:
foo-a-1.0.0.jar
foo-b-1.0.0.jar
foo-c-1.0.0.jar

If I specify my project depends on 'foo', IvyDE happily pulls down all
three components.
The foo module is unfortunately /closed/ and the javadocs are provided
in one archive 'foo-1.0.0-doc.zip'.

So I put the archive on the server and I modify the ivy.xml for the foo
module to publish the docs via:
<artifact name="foo" type="javadoc" ext="zip" conf="default"
e:classifier="doc"/>

Now IvyDE/Ivy will happily pull down the javadoc along with all the
other artifacts.
But, none of the foo-a, foo-b, or foo-c artifacts have javadoc
attachments (presumably because their artifact basenames do not match).

Without fetching the same 6MB javadoc archive three times under three
different names, is it possible to get IvyDE to treat the one javadoc
artifact as a candidate for attachment on each of the component JAR
artifacts?

Thanks,
Jason