ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IVYDE: shared javadoc attachments
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:30:40 GMT

pattern="http://XXXXXX/dev-repo/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"

> />
>
> I've got a module, let say, called 'foo' which publishes multiple JAR
> artifacts:
> foo-a-1.0.0.jar
> foo-b-1.0.0.jar
> foo-c-1.0.0.jar
>
> If I specify my project depends on 'foo', IvyDE happily pulls down all
> three components.
> The foo module is unfortunately /closed/ and the javadocs are provided
> in one archive 'foo-1.0.0-doc.zip'.
>
> So I put the archive on the server and I modify the ivy.xml for the foo
> module to publish the docs via:
> <artifact name="foo" type="javadoc" ext="zip" conf="default"
> e:classifier="doc"/>
>
> Now IvyDE/Ivy will happily pull down the javadoc along with all the
> other artifacts.
> But, none of the foo-a, foo-b, or foo-c artifacts have javadoc
> attachments (presumably because their artifact basenames do not match).
>
> Without fetching the same 6MB javadoc archive three times under three
> different names, is it possible to get IvyDE to treat the one javadoc
> artifact as a candidate for attachment on each of the component JAR
> artifacts?

There is no way with the current implementation.
I discussed this issue with a colleague some time ago and we started to
think about adding extra metadata in the ivy.xml. For instance we were
thinking of adding some attributes on the artifacts like:
<artifact name="foo-a" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default"
ivyde:javadoc="foo" />
<artifact name="foo-b" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default"
ivyde:javadoc="foo" />
<artifact name="foo-c" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default"
ivyde:javadoc="foo" />

If you have any other idea you are welcomed to open a new feature entry in
the Jira.

Nicolas