ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jose Luis Ruiz <jose.luis.ruiz.revue...@gmail.com>
Subject ClearCase Ivy Resolver
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:00:36 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am working for an organization that is using ClearCase for configuration
management. Binary files (ear, wars and so on) and reusable libraries (.jar)
are stored and managed at ClearCase. I believe that bringing automatic
transitive dependency management will improve our building operations.

Maven and Ivy seem like feasible alternatives for achieving this goal,
but my first impression is that Ivy's flexibility and adaptability make it a
better option. According to Ivy's docs seems that creating an extension of
the DependencyResolver interface would do the trick.

But before engaging in the task I would like to get some feedback from the
Ivy community. Perhaps this is something that someone has already done
before or it could be something not very recommendable at all.

I would appreciate very much your advice and opinions on the matter.

Thank you very much in advance.

/jose