ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using ivy:install to install non-jar artifacts
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:38:57 GMT
Your module containing the swc file should have an ivy.xml file defining the swc artifact with
correct extension.
Can you confirm this is the case in the repository you have specified in the "from" attribute
of your ivy:install task?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Steele, Richard" <rich@steelezone.net>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Fri, January 22, 2010 3:20:13 PM
Subject: Using ivy:install to install non-jar artifacts

We're struggling to figure out how to install artifacts to our local http
repository with non-jar artifacts (in this case, a Flex SWC file).  We've
tried specifying type="swc" on the Ant ivy:install task, but Ivy can't find
the artifact because the [ext] isn't set.  We tried installing to a
SWC-specific repository with its own pattern, hard-coding the extension as
"swc", but the type attribute on the install task seems to be ignored: the
generated ivy.xml still declares the artifact is a jar type.

What on earth are we missing?

Thanks,
Rich