ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Aston <Timothy.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Publishing a module with no artifacts
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:19:47 GMT

I'm a little unclear on exactly how this is supposed to work.  I have a
module that essentially is just a container for several sub-modules.  I
have made each sub-module a dependency, so that when you get the parent
module, you get all its children.  The parent module itself has no
artifacts, but all the children do.

The only way I've been able to get this to work is to first make an
<ivy:resolve /> call before my <ivy:publish />, and the publish call must
have haltonmissing="false" to work.  Is this the correct way to go about
it?  It seems a bit messy turning off haltonmissing, since the artifacts
aren't missing they just aren't supposed to exist.  And having to call
resolve first takes extra time as it also resolves all the sub-modules
dependencies (of which there are many).

Am I going about this the right way?

-Tim