ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Stromas, Aaron (NIH/OD) [C]" <stroma...@od.nih.gov>
Subject RE: Dependency resolution fails in Eclipse 3.5, works in 3.2
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:51:38 GMT
Maarten, thanks a lot for you for your explanation!

-a

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Coene [mailto:maarten_coene@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:03 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dependency resolution fails in Eclipse 3.5, works in 3.2

The error means that your commons-httpclient module depends on the 'ide' configuration of
your commons-logging module, but your commons-logging module doesn't has an 'ide' configuration.

Your commons-httpclient Ivy file probably contains something like (the exact value of the
conf attribute may look different in your situation):
<dependency org="apache" name="commons-logging" rev="1.0.+" conf="ide->ide" />

So in order to fix this problem, you'll have to correct the Ivy files in your repository.

Older versions of Ivy were more tolerant about non-existing configurations, so that's probably
the reason why it works in your Eclipse 3.2 which probably uses an older Ivy...

Maarten