ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: relocation of transitive dependency
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:32:58 GMT
Do you have an example of a public pom that has a dependency on org=jdom 1.1 ?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Philipp Wetzler <philipp.wetzler@colorado.edu>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wed, December 16, 2009 12:22:50 AM
Subject: relocation of transitive dependency

Hello,

I've started using Ivy recently in order to better integrate one of my Ant
based projects with it's Maven dependencies.

Now I ran into a problem that I haven't been able to figure out: One of my
Maven dependencies depends on jdom (org=jdom, name=jdom, rev=1.1). JDom 1.1
is actually published under org=org.jdom, but there's a relocation record
under org=jdom. When I do a resolve on my project, however, Ivy ignores the
relocation record and attempts (and fails) to download the nonexistent jar
from org=jdom (from repo1.maven.org).

Interestingly, when I remove the Maven dependency from my project and add
JDom 1.1 as a direct dependency, Ivy manages to resolve it correctly using
either org value, so it seems that this problem only occurs when the
relocated dependency is a transitive one.

How would I go about diagnosing this problem? I tried doing a resolve with
the verbose / debug flags, but the additional information didn't seem
helpful to me.

Thanks for any suggestions

Philipp